We have based this dish on a traditional Old Delhi recipe. It is mild, very delicate in taste and attractive to look at with its creamy light colour. Modern cooks prefer a combination of Cashews and almonds we stuck with the original recipe of almonds only. This dish is better cooked with all white meat so breast of chicken is best.
Recipe (Serves 4)
You will need...
- 4 diced chicken breasts
- Starly’s korma sachet
- 6 tbsp vegetable /olive oil
- 2 medium sized onions (grated)
- 100ml single cream
- 90g natural yogurt
- 5 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 25g ground almonds
- 100ml of water
- Coriander to garnish
- In a bowl mix together the yogurt, salt, lemon juice, and the garlic. Add the chicken and marinade for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry until golden brown, then add the spices and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes, then add 100ml of water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and ground almonds and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the coriander, serve with rice and enjoy!
- If you choose to use different meat, adjust cooking times appropriately.
<< Previous | Back | Next >>